Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Fort Worth, TX United States
|| Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Associate Director of Comparative Race and Ethnic Studies|
The Department of Comparative Race and Ethnic Studies (CRES) at Texas Christian University invites applications for the position of Associate Director, an instructional staff position with the following duties and functions:
1. Helps manage the full range of administrative, financial, fundraising, research, educational, programming, and outreach activities of the department.
2. Teaches one course each semester, typically the CRES internship and field research class.
3. Supports and helps to develop the mission of CRES by coordinating co-curricular programming and cultivating a network of scholars, students and leaders on and off campus.
4. Serves as an academic advisor to CRES students and as an ambassador to other internal and external constituencies in order to raise the academic profile and prestige of the program and to extend its impact throughout TCU and Fort Worth through community engagement.
CRES seeks to educate students, faculty, staff, and the larger community to critically examine race and ethnicity as an essential step in becoming ethical citizens and leaders in today’s global community.
Qualifications & Requirements
Required Education and Experience:
• M.A. in Ethnic Studies or related academic field with significant demonstrated background and experience related to race and ethnicity.
• Experience working within an academic institution, non-profit organization, or public administration, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Ph.D. or terminal degree in Ethnic Studies or related academic field with significant demonstrated background and experience related to race and ethnicity.
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching courses on race and/or ethnicity at the college level.
• Experience in curriculum development, strategic planning, and/or academic leadership roles.
• Experience in activism or community engagement.
Apply online at https://tcu.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=2019-127. Upload a letter of application, CV, and a 1-page statement explaining how the applicant will contribute to diversity and inclusion in CRES and at TCU. Also provide a list of three references who may be contacted for a confidential recommendation. All questions regarding the application process may be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com or 817-257-7790.
Review of applications begins June 10, 2019; apply by that date for priority consideration. If necessary, a second review will begin July 15, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. Projected start date is in August or September, 2019.
A highly selective teaching and research university with more than 10,000 students, TCU is an independent, nonsectarian, coeducational institution committed to academic freedom located in Fort Worth, Texas, the 16th largest city in the United States and part of the nation’s fourth-largest metropolitan area. TCU has been recognized for six consecutive years as one of the “Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education. As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.