Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Washington DC, DC United States
State Operations Regional Manager|
State Operations Regional Manager
The Climate Action Campaign is a highly effective, unbranded coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as the center of gravity for defense of federal climate policy and the convening point for traditional and non-environmental advocacy groups supporting climate action and clean energy policy at the local, state and federal levels.
The State Operations Regional Manager’s primary responsibility is to support the Regional Director in management of multiple state programs and target-related activities, maintain strong relationships with state partners, assist in the development and oversight of state strategies and tactics, and ensure that these strategies and tactics align with the Campaign’s national goals.
• Program Oversight and Staff Management: Coordinate with the Regional Director to oversee state- based coalitions in key states in their efforts to recruit, cultivate, and activate grasstops supporters, generate grassroots actions, host high-visibility press events, place targeted opinion media, and organize in-district and Capitol Hill visits to key lawmakers.
This is achieved through regular conversations and meetings with state partners, quality control checks of activity reported, use of QuickBase and other reporting tools, and engagement of field organizations’ National Field Directors.
• Strategy Development: Work in collaboration with the Regional Director and regional cross- departmental teams in the development of compelling target-specific strategies and ensure alignment with national campaign goals. This includes drafting plans and concept memos, participation in quarterly planning meetings, and coordination with state partners on ladders of engagement.
• Department Management Support and CAC Coalition: Project manage key programmatic activities for the State Operations team in coordination with the National Organizing Director, Regional Directors, and national partners. The Regional Manager will also manage and contribute to internal projects between CAC departments including Data, Government Affairs, Communications, and Public Engagement. These activities include, but are not limited to planning, issue-specific work, fly- ins, hearings, and moment amplification. Additionally, the Regional Manager will be the first point of contact for reimbursement and other special requests from state partners and will assist in the scheduling and facilitation of meetings, preparing agendas and materials, and taking notes.
• Three to five years of experience in issue-organizing, advocacy, or electoral campaigns including generating earned media (i.e., op-eds, editorials, and stories in print and radio), supervising organizers, volunteer activist development and management.
• Proficient computer skills; word processing, spreadsheets, ppt, web-conferencing, Internet, and social media.
• Ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-expectation, shifting campaign environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work strategically and as a team player and to develop trusting relationships with a variety of key constituencies.
• Flexible, innovative, and self-motivated to complete work independently.
• Strong desire to learn, grow and improve, and to help others do so. Familiarity with environmental groups, issues, and priorities are a big plus.
Compensation and Location
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan. The Climate Action Campaign is located in Washington, DC.
Please submit resume, cover letter and a writing sample to: https://climate-campaign.quickbase.com/db/bhtewnjrr?a=nwr
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Climate Action Campaign is a highly effective, unbranded coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign regularly partners with national and state-based groups, as well as leaders from diverse communities, to promote climate action, defend against attacks on the Clean Air Act and climate change policies, and showcase the unyielding transition to clean energy driven by state, local and federal action.