Associate Account Manager - Pittsburgh, PA area|
The Associate Account Manager I is a developmental role that involves job shadowing and working alongside and under the supervision of an experienced account manager. This role is designed to expose the associate to technical water treatment problem-solving and fundamentals to customer selling. In the role, the candidate will be assigned specific tasks on accounts within an existing territory to retain, per direction from the manager, and communicate with the customer base as well as ChemTreat Account Managers and other representatives of the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- With guidance, create, improve, and implement innovative sales strategies to drive ChemTreats position and increase share within the assigned geography.
- Begin to develop key relationships with customers through the following methods: help to identify key decision-makers within existing accounts, research prospects and partner with a senior staff member to cold call, frequent follow-up, learn and start implementing strategic questioning, and with assistance drive to root issues to identify customers needs.
- Work with senior staff members to begin to Increase sales and profit margin within the territory.
- With assistance, engage technical staff and management as needed to develop retention and growth strategies.
- Begin to establish professional relationships with key personnel in customer accounts.
- Learn how to create effective proposals to current and prospective customers
- Learn and communicate the ChemTreat value proposition to the customer base
- Over time, begin to troubleshoot technical and site-specific process issues
- Begin to effectively audit key unit operations
- Participate in the entertainment of customers and prospects in accordance with ChemTreats entertainment policy
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Organizational skills; Self-management
- Self-motivated with a strategic mindset
- Balance of self-confidence and humility
- Ability to be a team player and partner well with others
- Required ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (emails, comprehensive service reports, proposals, etc.)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Industry knowledge specific to water treatment including familiarity with various applications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Science; Engineering or technical degree preferred
- 0-2 years of experience interacting with customers at all levels of an organization. Experience in water treatment preferred
- Travel dependent on the size of assigned territory
- May require long hours & varied work schedules
- Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds and sometimes required to maneuver drums weighing 250-800 pounds
- Occasionally required to climb stairs and ladders and work at high elevations for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to drive both short and long distances, not to exceed DOT regulations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for deliveries which may include: eye, hearing, and respiratory protection, protective apron, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
- Occasionally in extreme heat conditions
- Required to use earplugs for hearing protection
- Both Indoor and outdoor sites may have high noise levels
- Site location may be at a boiler house
- The outdoor site can be located at a cooling tower, water plant, wastewater plant, or a process area.
- The use of hazardous chemicals is routine.
- Collaborative working environment working; position touches all levels within the customer organization
- Trust and respect for customers and ChemTreat field and leadership teams
AT WILL STATEMENT
Employment with ChemTreat is on an at-will basis, which means that either the employee or ChemTreat can terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason (or no reason), with or without notice, unless the employee and ChemTreat have entered a written agreement signed by the employee and a duly authorized representative of ChemTreat.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.