Water Treatment Technician - Baltimore, MD|
ChemTreats sales support opportunities are specific to water treatment and require an individual with technical knowledge within the industry. This water treatment technical representative position is focused on maintaining and expanding business base by maximizing the profitability of assigned customer accounts. Individuals are required to recommend and apply basic water treatment applications and solutions, as well as communicate program results to ChemTreat Account Managers and customers.
Qualified individuals in this role are expected to always offer professional and high-quality customer and technical services to customers. Further, they need to have familiarity with performing basic water testing, taking measurements, documenting results through reports, and sharing quantitative data with customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly perform water analysis and engage in advanced problem-solving to apply the appropriate chemical solutions and monitor effects for additional treatment
- Focus on performing required services, as dictated by contractual obligations
- Consistently calibrate pumps and perform repairs that restore chemical feeds
- Monitor product feed rates and their relative impact on the water sample and make necessary adjustments to treatment program when gaps are detected
- Provide technical guidance and instruction to junior technicians
- Enter results into software program and communicate results utilizing service reports
- Assist in water-related system improvement projects
- Monitor product inventories
- Utilize and maintain company equipment in good, clean condition
- Other duties as assigned by manager
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Technical skills, Analytical skills
- Communication and Interpersonal skills; Teamwork and leadership
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of company product portfolio and application uses
- Ability to work with only limited supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new operating systems
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or equivalent skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Science; Engineering or technical degree preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in water treatment, chemical or hydrocarbon industries
- Travel dependent on size of assigned territory
- May require long hours & varied work schedules
- Required to walk long distances, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds and sometimes required to maneuver drums weighing 250-800 pounds
- Routinely lift 50+ pound pails/carry 50+ pound pails 100+ feet/up flights of stair cases.
- Occasionally required to climb stairs and ladders and work at high elevations for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to drive both short and long distances, not to exceed DOT regulations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for deliveries which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective apron, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
- Occasionally in extreme heat conditions
- Required to use ear plugs for hearing protection
- Both Indoor and outdoor sites may have high noise levels
- Site location may be at a boiler house
- Outdoor site can be located at a cooling tower, water plant, wastewater plant, or a process area.
- Use of hazardous chemicals is routine.
- Collaborative working environment working; position touches all levels within the customer organization
- Trust and respect for customers and ChemTreat field and leadership teams
AT WILL STATEMENT
Employment with ChemTreat is on an at-will basis, which means that either the employee or ChemTreat can terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason (or no reason), with or without notice, unless the employee and ChemTreat have entered a written agreement signed by the employee and a duly authorized representative of ChemTreat.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.