Technical Product Manager, Liquid Handling|
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences mission is to empower those seeking answers to lifes most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+ years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, youll help drive our vision of accelerating answersand our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, were pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
The Technical Product Manager for Biomek will be responsible for managing the product roadmap and development of Biomek liquid handlers. You will participate in a team that is responsible for increasing the profitability of existing products and developing new products for the company. To guide development teams, you will leverage existing ideas and develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and key opinion leaders. To do this, you should have a unique blend of business and technical savvy, be a good observer and listener, and be able to connect unmet customer needs with product design. It is important to enjoy spending time in the market to understand their challenges and working with technical teams to find innovative solutions. The ideal candidate should have experience as a product manager in a life science instruments company, ideally managing instrumentation and software developed for liquid handling. You are able to communicate with all areas of our multidisciplinary company, including applications, sales, research and development and manufacturing. You will work closely with the entire product management team and with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
- Develop business cases to initiate investment or change in behavior to achieve long-term revenue and margin growth objectives.
- Maintain complete customer insights through qualitative/quantitative market research and robust customer relationships.
- Lead user needs/design specification development for new product development and ensure quality/manufacturability/service targets are met.
- Develop and communicate product insights, positioning, and value proposition throughout the organization creating alignment around the goals.
- Make product obsolescence and discontinuation decisions for lifecycle management Qualifications:
- BS in biology, biotechnology, or similar degree; MBA preferred
- BS +9 / MS +7 years of experience in Genomics and/or Drug Discovery, in a technical/applications support or product management role.
- 5+ years developing products to satisfy customers unmet needs; liquid and handling and life sciences industry experience preferred.
- Prior experience managing the product life cycle of products from launch to obsolesce
- Record of successful execution of projects in a matrixed organization, and ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter with ability to identify and resolve problems independently.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence others.
- Travel up to 25%.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.