Laboratory Technician (Aerospace Hydraulic Testing)|
- Select appropriate test equipment and execute project with minimum supervision o Review Engineering order, relevant (SDS) (Safety Data Sheet) and fully understand requirements in accordance with laboratory SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) o Assure all calculations (utilizing basic mathematics and statistics) are performed and detailed correctly and accurately. Monitor test performance, test equipment, and data acquisition o Perform functional testing and trouble-shooting of equipment and systems by utilizing standard scientific principles o Ensure test set-ups and procedures produce accurate and repeatable results. Apply technical knowledge in analyzing, investigating, and resolving assigned test related problems o Must document and prepare information (i.e. actual procedure, raw date, and results) appropriately in the Laboratory Database o Keep lab management updated on progress of testing and any pertinent observations or testing deviations. Recommend solutions for problems encountered Perform flow/pressure/temperature/and other testing of hydraulic manifolds, liquid filters, and air products. Perform vibration, endurance, and impulse testing, electrical support (i.e. make cables to support projects).
- Review timelines and discuss scheduling conflicts or modifications with laboratory management
- Set-up and tests complete units and subassemblies under operational conditions
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Recognize and take action on any equipment/instrumentation that requires calibration or repair
- Conduct maintenance of test stands and test equipment
- Must have an Associate Degree (in Aerospace Maintenance, Electrical, Power Plant, Petroleum Repair) from an accredited technical college/university. In lieu of a technical degree, must have at least four (4) years of working experience in fluid systems and pressure vessel industry.
- Must have experience and knowledge of air and fluid mechanical systems and electronic controls.
- Confirmed understanding of basic mechanic hand tools (i.e. screw drivers, wrenches, drills, saws, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with Data Acquisition and control (National Instruments LabVIEW preferred)
- Must be able to deliver quality results within the specified timelines.
- Must be able to read complicated technical specifications and procedures.
- Must be digital literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel (i.e. creation and maintenance of spreadsheets and Power Point)
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to maintain and work within a safe working environment as identified by the Safety KPI (i.e. 5S, Safety Audits, etc.)
- Work overtime as assigned
- Required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger dexterity, handle, or fell objects tools or controls, teach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, department perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. POSITION COMPETENCIES
- Must have excellent interpersonal communications skills (i.e. written and verbal)
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment with flexibility to manage changing priorities
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe work environment
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and influencing skills
- Self-starter with a history of innovation and creative problem solving
- Professional and positive attitude maintained at all times
- Must have good organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others exhibiting good teaming skills
- Ability to multi-task by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status, or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Pall obtaining the necessary employment visa and export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the applicable U.S. government agency.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required
- Must follow all environmental policies and procedures when working with chemicals, oils, and solvents
- The performance of the incumbent in this position will be evaluated based on quality and delivery metrics
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.