Medical Director, Pathologist|
Position Summary and Overview
The Medical Director / Pathologist will serve key roles in an emerging Medical and Scientific Affairs function that provides leadership on medical, scientific and clinical decisions related to the overall Leica Biosystems business strategy. The Medical Director / Pathologist will support the development and execution of the Medical and Scientific Affairs functional strategy. Medical Affairs serves a critical internal leadership and customer-facing support role, including pre- and post-market partnership to functions such as product management, sales and marketing, R&D, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance, Innovation, Pharmaceutical Partnerships, and Technical Support. The Medical Director / Pathologist is expected to provide pathology input to cross-functional and/or complex projects and tasks on global and/or local level. In addition, the Medical Director / Pathologist will engage internal and external stakeholders on a wide variety of clinical, medical and scientific discussions.
- Partner cross-functionally to collect, evaluate and communicate key clinical, medical and scientific data to support R&D projects, regulatory strategy, compliance-related tasks, and commercial projects across all business areas and across the product lifecycle
- Medical expertise input to device risk analyses, health hazard evaluations (HHE), adverse event review, risk/benefit reporting, and health authority interactions (e.g. FDA)
- Provide strategic insight and tactical direction to support new product development and innovation opportunities, actively participating in prioritization of opportunities based on clinical value and strong medical understanding of physician and patient needs
- Support pharma partnerships (companion diagnostics), clinical evidence generation partnerships, and strategic growth efforts through collaboration with internal teams and cultivation of relationships in the pathology practice and biopharmaceutical industry communities.
- Provide internal and external education and expertise to support product innovation and market adoption of best practices and new technologies in a variety of settings, including conferences, webinars, and site visits.
- Develop collaborative relationships with medical scientific institutions and participate in professional associations to enhance standardization, evidence generation and support product adoption and appropriate use.
- MD with Anatomic Pathology (AP) specialty board certification in appropriate country (active medical license not required).
- Understanding of anatomic pathology research, practice, and market landscape.
- Experience with digital pathology systems and emerging tools.
- Familiarity with clinical practice of pathology, biomarker technologies, and vision of future trends in pathology research and practice, including molecular pathology.
- Team player with professional presence and demeanor coupled with superb written and verbal communication skills, including English fluency.
- Performance oriented with ability to work along agreed timelines and a focus on strategy , execution and problem-solving
- MS or PhD in a scientific discipline with advanced scientific training and experience, with track record of quality publications.
- Experience in pathology and clinical informatics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence as applied to digital pathology research and practice.
- Board Certification in Clinical Pathology (CP) and/or pathology subspecialty such as molecular genetic pathology, hematopathology, or clinical informatics; other organ-specific anatomic pathology specialty training in area such as GI, GU, or breast.
- >2 years of pathology practice or industry pathology experience following completion of pathology training
- Experience with risk management / safety assessment in medical device or biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience with product development and/or business development and strategy in medical device or biopharmaceutical industry
- Critical thinker able to drive effective decision making in a global environment to resolve complex regional or functional problems, regardless of popularity of decision
- Ability to act as a change agent through interpersonal interactions; professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with senior management and external stakeholders; ability to give engaging and persuasive presentations to diverse audiences.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to spot issues of importance early and partner with colleagues toward a solution.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with leaders of other functional areas within and across the business to influence decisions, align on objectives, and drive progress toward achievement of business objectives.
- As part of multidisciplinary teams, generate a vision, establish direction, motivate colleagues and employees, encourage diverse viewpoints, exhibit inclusive behaviors, and encourage associate improvement and development.
- ~30% travel, including international.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.