Staff Manufacturing Engineer|
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences mission is to empower those seeking answers to lifes most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+ years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, youll help drive our vision of accelerating answersand our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, were pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
We are seeking an expert and highly motivated Staff Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in support of growing demand for our acoustic liquid handling products. The Staff Manufacturing Engineer will work closely with design engineering and other multi-functional teams on the development, launch and continuous improvement of hardware products manufactured at our San Jose factory. This position works with the Manager, Manufacturing Engineering and is based in San Jose.
The right candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Lead activities to solve sophisticated process and design problems in a production environment through structured problem solving while maintaining quality and operational goals.
- Develop lean manufacturing methods and processes for producing products from start-up, building the product line, throughout the product lifecycle.
- Lead mechanical, automation and electro-mechanical design changes to ensure a manufacturable and sustainable product while maintaining assembly functionality.
- Develop and support manufacturing standard methodologies to achieve operational goals
- Provide DFM (Design for Manufacturing) and DFA (Design for Assembly) recommendations to the product development core team to improve manufacturability and reduce cost.
- Coordinate design transfer activities cross-functionally with supply chain teams.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to support cost reduction, on-time delivery, and production capacity goals
The following are the qualifications for this position:
- B.S./M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering field.
- 7+ years shown experience in a manufacturing engineering environment including process engineering, design engineering and design transfer of complex systems.
- Experience with design, documentation and assembly of motor driven stage assemblies, computer systems, PCB assemblies, cable assemblies, process tooling fixtures and electro-mechanical test fixtures.
- Ability to communicate and handle design transfer activities including design intent, risks, risk mitigations and impact through FMEAs and other lean manufacturing tools.
- Proficient with SolidWorks and design documentation for effective sustaining support
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, ECAD tools, Python, C#, SQL, and LabVIEW programming is a plus
- Understanding of statistical process control, GR&R and other 6-sigma and lean manufacturing tools including JMP statistical software is a plus
- Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.