Staff Software Engineer - New Product Development|
Beckman Coulter Life Science develops, markets, and sells innovative, cutting-edge liquid handling instruments to the life sciences market. We are seeking a staff level software engineer to develop real-time instrumentation and measurement systems.
The ideal candidate will have significant industry experience delivering quality products, working alongside a multi-disciplinary team of software, hardware and systems engineers, QA, and physicists. The successful candidate must be fully prepared and motivated to work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience
- B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Excited to work directly on large, complex systems during software development and testing
- Experience with tools for source control, debugging, building, bug tracking and performance analysis
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience developing embedded solutions throughout entire product life cycle
- Excellent C/C# programming skills
- Solid understanding of multi-tier client server architecture
- Experience developing software using Visual Studio environment
- Experience with SW interfaces to control HW (data acquisition, digital I/O, motion control, etc.)
- Strong applied mathematics and numerical analysis skill set
- Signal-processing knowledge (FFTs, correlation, convolution, multi-rate signal processing, digital filters)
- Familiar with using oscilloscopes as a routine debugging tool
- Embedded Linux / RTOS experience in real-time control systems
- Interfacing to FPGA hardware and debugging hardware interfaces
- Experience with Eclipse or similar development environment
- Experience with serial communication protocols (e.g., CAN, RS-232, SPI, TCP/IP, JTAG)
- Familiarity with life science instrumentation and measurement systems
- Ability to map algorithms into efficient software and firmware-based implementation
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Tcl, etc.)
- Experience integrating machine learning solutions into time-critical software
- Precisely controlled real-time signal generation, signal capture and signal analysis
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.