Technician Quality Control - Inspection|
- This position is on 3rd shift
- Inspection of machine shop parts, both first pieces and in process runs using pre-programmed CMM inspection routines
- Record any non-conformance data into the applicable databases and provide feedback to machinists which identifies nonconformance condition/s
- Use appropriate hand gages and fixtures as required for individual part inspections
- Read and understand part drawings used as the guideline for part inspections
- Occasional overtime work primarily based on the machine shop schedule
- Position is also responsible for incoming inspection duties as time allows
- Inspection of instrument components per direction of pre-defined inspection plans
- Enter quality data into proper software programs to identify acceptance or rejection of the material
- Electronically transfer material appropriately based on acceptance or rejection status
- Unpackaging, handling and re-packaging of parts
- Work in a team environment to ensure accurate, consistent and timely results to our customers
- Must have a strong part inspection background (3 - 5 yrs. minimum experience)
- Experience using calipers, micrometers, pin gages, surface plate and height stand, optical comparator as well as other traditional inspection tools
- Ability to read and comprehend part prints with at least a basic understanding of GD&T fundamentals
- Basic math and computer skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, quality conscious with an aptitude for maintaining accurate records
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment, open to change and capable of identifying production and/or quality issues
- Ability to work with small intricate parts and/or large parts on pallets
- Mental focus and drive to understand and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience working with a CMM machine is required for this position
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.