Staff Applications Scientist, Genomics|
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences mission is to empower those seeking answers to lifes most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+ years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, youll help drive our vision of accelerating answersand our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, were pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
The Staff Applications Scientist supports the Business Unit to develop and improve workflows, applications, and techniques related to the genomics market segment with a focus on NGS library prep. You will use scientific, automation, and programming expertise to identify and design automated workflows and applications in key strategic life science market segments. In partnership with selected thought leaders and reference customers, you will develop deeper scientific understanding of specific workflows and applications. You will develop methods, author application notes, and speak at key conferences. As a Subject Matter Expert, you support lead generation campaigns (content generation), develop sales and marketing collateral, and participate in roll-out for training.
- Develop automated applications with deep understanding of the workflow and customers view/ experience in mind. Application areas of interest include NGS library preparation.
- Lead collaborative relationships with vendors and customers for generation of application notes and manage strategic application development collaborative partnerships
- Generate sales and marketing collateral (e.g. webinars) on time, to support commercial marketing
- Work with the field applications team to track, evaluate and develop application opportunities arising from interactions with customers
- PhD in Genomics, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, or related fields +7, or MS with +10-15 years of recent laboratory experience.
- Experience in genomics with focus on NGS library prep is required.
- Experience programming and operating automated scientific instruments is preferred.
- Ability to follow established research procedures without direct supervision. This includes designing experiments, conducting and analyzing experiments and preparing report outs.
- Experience in customer-facing projects is desired.
- Willing to travel (20-25%).
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.