Staff Manufacturing Systems Engineer|
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences mission is to empower those seeking answers to lifes most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+ years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, youll help drive our vision of accelerating answersand our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, were pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Do you enjoy delivering superb products and instruments to customers? Would you love to lead a growing market? Come join our dynamic manufacturing team!
We are seeking a Staff Manufacturing System Engineer to join our team in support of growing demand for our acoustic liquid handling products. The Staff Manufacturing Systems Engineer will support both sustaining of released products and introduction of new designs and products into manufacturing.
- Hands-on product and process design, development, and verification tasks related to hardware, software, and microplate consumable interoperability, with the goal of achieving overall product and process performance requirements for our liquid handling platform in manufacturing.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with development, supply chain and production teams to deliver product and process solutions and improvements that achieve company objectives
- B.S./M.S. in Systems Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or similar engineering field.
- 7+ years proven experience in a manufacturing engineering environment including process engineering, design engineering and management of design transfer of complex systems into manufacturing.
- Experience with design, documentation, and assembly of complex instrumentation which incorporate optical, mechanical, electrical, software, and liquid handling components.
- Ability to communicate and manage design transfer activities including design intent, risks, risk mitigations and impact through FMEAs and other lean manufacturing tools.
- Comfortable operating sophisticated computer and instrumentation equipment/hardware.
- Demonstrated basic laboratory skills, including reagent handling techniques is a plus
- Proficient with SolidWorks, PDMworks and design documentation is a plus
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, ECAD tools, Python, C#, SQL, and LabVIEW programming is a plus.
- Understanding of statistical process control, GR&R and other 6-sigma and lean manufacturing tools including JMP statistical software is a plus.
- Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.