Deliver technically complex solutions. Perform system integration support for all project work. Consult and partner with the business product owners to understand the end goal and offer solutions and recommendations during the design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Develop customized coding, software integration, perform analysis, configure solutions, using tools specific to the project or the area.
2. Lead and participate in the development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support of highly complex solutions in adherence to company standards, including robust unit testing and support for subsequent release testing.
3. Build non-functional monitoring capabilities and provide escalated support for highly complex applications in production.
4. Build in and maintain security controls and monitoring in support of company standards.
5. Typically lead moderately complex projects and participate in larger, more complex initiatives.
6. Solve complex technical and operational problems. Act as a resource for teammates with less experience
7. May oversee the work of a small team.
8. In an Agile environment: Responsible for delivering high quality working software and automating manual/reusable tasks working directly, and engage with, the business from the beginning of the design work. Leverage continuous engineering practices to deliver business value regarding effectiveness of the design. Actively participate in refining user stories. Responsible for design, developing, and maintaining automated unit testing, and supporting integration and functional testing. Responsible for providing automated monitoring capabilities, providing warranty support, and providing knowledge transfer to production support. Develop code in accordance with the acceptance criteria established by the Product Owner.
Qualifications & Requirements
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s Degree and six to ten years of experience or equivalent education and software engineering training or experience
2. In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices
3. Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function
4. Ability to plan and manage projects and solve complex problems by applying best practices
5. Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates. Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information
- 2+ years of development experience using C# .NET
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly creative thinker
- Able to work well in a team setting
- Strong design skills
- Excellent diagnostic, problem-solving and debugging skills
- Excellent ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects and efforts simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Worked in Agile Scrum environment
- Excellent work experience in .NET technologies like – ASP.NET MVC, WebForms, Windows Services, ASMX Web Services, WCF, REST APIs, WPF, Windows Forms, Windows Services, Batch jobs
- Work experience in design patterns like – MVC, MVVM, IoC
- Work experience in open source frameworks/libraries like CAB, Enterprise Library, iTextSharp, Mock, AutoMapper
- Experience in writing Unit tests using Visual Studio and Mock frameworks
- Experience in RDBMS Databases – SQL Server, TSQL, Stored Procedures & Functions, SSIS and SSRS
- Experience with tools like – Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, SOAP UI, Fiddler, Postman
- Experience in TFS, Azure DevOps, GIT
- Basic understanding of networking infrastructure – firewalls, FTP/SFTP
- Basic understanding of servers – virtual and physical servers