Continuous Improvement Leader (DBS)|
Wondering whats within Beckman Coulter Diagnostics? Take a closer look.
At first glance, youll see that for more than 80 years weve been dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory to move science and healthcare forward. Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be yourself. Were building a culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all our associates. Look again and youll see we are invested in you, providing the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and try new things with the support you need to be successful.
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, were working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the worlds biggest health challenges.
The Senior Continuous Improvement (DBS) Leader is responsible for supporting the Sustaining Engineering team for Operations with optimizing organizational performance by enhancing the alignment and efficiency of business processes and by ensuring continuous, sustained improvement across the team through the implementation of Danaher Business System tools and methodologies. Includes focus areas like Variation Reduction, Transactional Process Improvement, Standard Work, Process flow, and other areas of Continuous Improvement. Also includes DBS training.
This position is an integral part of the Sustaining Engineering team and will be located in Miami, FL or Chaska, MN. At Beckman Coulter, our vision is to ensure that every patient has access to the right immunoassay test results at the right time!
You will report to the Senior Director of Sustaining Engineering responsible for managing the several teams including VAVE, EOL, Test Engineering, Plastics Engineering & Packaging Engineering for both instrument hardware and reagent consumables.
If you thrive in a fast paced and exciting role and want to work to build a world-class organizationread on!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist in achieving Policy Deployment (PD) and Strategic Plan objectives
- Drive targeted, sustainable improvement in QDCI (Quality, Delivery, Cost and Innovation) by using DBS tools, consulting skills, and the organizational change process
- Directly provide training of DBS tools to all associates, and develop staff in DBS culture to meet business performance criteria
- Ensure successful kaizen events by installing and ensuring compliance to the kaizen process
- Communicate and drive Best Practices across the business and facilitate Danaher leadership benchmarking sessions
- Work with DBS Office to schedule events and get needed resources and help Danaher continue the evolution of the DBS tools in global forums
- Improve DBS training and facilitation skills by pursuing certification in DBS tools.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Bachelors degree with 5+ yrs experience, or a Master's degree (preferred) with 3+ yrs experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience using process improvement tools
- Familiarity with various design and manufacturing processes
- Exposure to and participation in a variety of training environments preferred
- Project management experience
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Proven knowledge of how to optimally operate in a regulated environment (FDA, GMED, NCIS etc.)
- Proven Change Management Skills
Beckman Coulter, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that give to associates and their families lives. Whether its a health care program, paid time off, or 401K savings plans our programs give to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com. We believe youll like what you see.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why well empower you to push the boundaries of whats possible.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.