Senior Commodity Manager- Plastics|
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences mission is to empower those seeking answers to lifes most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+ years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, youll help drive our vision of accelerating answersand our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, were pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
The Senior Commodity Manager ensures quality materials and services are obtained within cost requirements. Oversees suppliers to continuously improve quality, delivery and price to support supply chain operations. Looks for opportunities to use buying power, maintains supplier relationships and analyzes potential risk or disruptions that could impact business operations. Procurement maintains contract compliance, supplier information, quotes, delivery expectations, purchase orders and materials for production schedules.
- Responsible for procurement and management of Plastics commodity including high and low volume plastics consumable, structural foam, thermoformed custom designs
- Analyzes industries, supply markets and sourcing best practices.
- Manage multiple projects with high flexibility of priority changes
- Leads RFQ and quote analysis, supplier auctions, evaluates vendors' capability, quality, reliability and price competitiveness
- Business award negotiations
- Year over year savings and other cost negotiations including cost control.
- Supply agreement negotiation, implementation and maintenance
- On Time Delivery management with suppliers and impacted manufacturing site
- Bachelors degree in business or engineering related field with 8+ years sourcing experiences in supply chain with focus on high mix low volume business segment.
- Demonstrated experience and results in negotiating with suppliers on master supply agreements, inventory agreements, part costs, etc.
- Experienced as a project manager and project team member. Makes material contributions to the completion of specific programs and projects with significant scope that materially impact organizational schedules, resources and costs.
- Full knowledge of industry standards and practices as well as ISO9001 and ISO13485 quality system requirement.
- Ability to understand engineering specification is highly preferred, mold flow process and tooling analysis familiarity and understanding.
- Travel required- 10%-15% Local Travel and possibly up to 10% International Travel.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.