Business Development Manager - Indianapolis, IN|
The Business Development Manager is a Water treatment sales position focused on growing business and driving ChemTreats market position within a geography or an industry by leading the creation, improvement and implementation of innovative sales strategies to drive ChemTreats position and increase share within the assigned market segment.
The successful candidate will acquire new customers through the identification, prioritization, strategic analysis, and sales plan development/execution by using existing knowledge and background in technical water treatment, including experience with water treatment systems (boilers, cooling towers, ROs, clarifiers, raw water, and wastewater) and working closely with Technical Staff and Account Managers to develop growth strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Familiarity with chemical water treatment systems and applications
- Provide analysis of markets, trends, competition, portfolios, technologies, and revenues.
- Increase sales and profits by meeting assigned targets for profitable sales volume and margin dollars
- Prospect and cold call generation of new customers
- Create and present effective proposals to prospective customers
Communicate the ChemTreat value proposition to prospects
Help transition new business to the account management team when applicable
- Entertain potential customers
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Self-motivated with a strategic mindset
- Required ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) or equivalent skills
- Industry knowledge specific to water treatment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of successful water treatment related experience
- 4-year degree preferred
- Travel dependent on the size of the assigned territory
- May require long hours & varied work schedules
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds and sometimes required to maneuver drums weighing 250-800 pounds
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for deliveries which may include: eye, hearing, and respiratory protection, protective apron, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
- Occasionally in extreme heat conditions
- Site can be located at a cooling tower, water plant, wastewater plant, boiler house, or a process area.
- Use of hazardous chemicals is routine.
ChemTreat, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any characteristic protected by law.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.