Scientist III, Downstream Process Development|
With guidance from Senior Scientist or Manager, the Scientist III designs and executes protein purification methods. The Scientist III relies on education and experience to troubleshoot purification, with technical oversight provided by the Senior Scientist or Manager when necessary. The Scientist III will also be qualified to train others on the processes they have created.
The Scientist III is expected to have proficient working knowledge of protein purification strategies in ISO 13485 or GMP environments:
- Work closely with clients to deliver purified protein to meet specifications
- Detailed and accurate documentation and recording habits
- Ability to Identify problems, reports issues to staff scientists, and assist in troubleshooting
- Prepare reagents and buffers
- Formulate proteins into final buffers using dialysis and tangential flow filtration (TFF)
- Working knowledge of Unicorn software and AKTA chromatography systems
- Familiarity with high pressure homogenization techniques
- Experience in endotoxin removal/reduction techniques
- Prepare presentations to report scientific findings
- Successful execution of common purification techniques including AEX, CEX, HIC, CHT, and other separation strategies
- Generation of final summary reports as assigned
- Ability to develop and review client requests to design a workflow to meet client needs
- Provide input for Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ability to drive innovative purification strategies
- Experience purifying proteins from bacterial and/or mammalian expression systems
- Experience working within ISO or GMP conditions
- Experience with SDS-PAGE, protein concentration determination, AKTA systems, Unicorn software, and protein purification study design
- Understanding of concepts behind various protein purification approaches
- Familiarity with regulatory guidance documents
- Bachelors degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related field with 2-4 years of laboratory experience or Masters degree with 1-3 years laboratory experience; preferably in a cGMP and/or Quality Control environment
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of GMP regulations in cGMP manufacturing and testing environment
- Knowledge of documentation protocols
- Strong scientific communication and presentation skills
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.