Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Wynne Health Group
||Washington, DC United States
|| Consulting Services, Government and Policy, Healthcare, Other
Health Equity Graduate Intern: Federal Health Policy & Government Relations (Fall 2022; Washington, DC or Remote; Part-time w/ Stipend)|
Health Equity Graduate Intern: Federal Health Policy & Government Relations
Fall 2022 (September-December); Virtual or In-person (DC);
Part-time (20 Hours/Week) with Stipend
Wynne Health Group – a mission-driven, public interest health policy consulting and advocacy firm – seeks applicants with a strong interest and educational background in federal health policy and politics to join our team (in DC or remote) as an Intern. We are especially interested in supporting and collaborating with an Intern with a strong passion and background in advancing health equity.
This opportunity is ripe for graduate students looking to gain first-hand experience collaborating with seasoned consultants and lobbyists on key federal legislative and regulatory issues shaping our health care system. A core component of the Intern’s work will be to lead and/or support research and written deliverables focused on policies to eliminate health disparities with the idea that this work will be shared with our clients and partners to support and advance broader health equity initiatives.
At Wynne Health, we are committed to improving health for all by partnering with visionary organizations to advance well-being and expand access to more equitable, cost-effective, quality care. This starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices in our hiring and every client and government encounter.
We seek to embody our core values in all aspects of our work: social responsibility (including donating 5% of our profits to charities selected by team members), integrity, work-life balance, teamwork, service, and innovation. We are seeking candidates who share our values and will commit to practicing them in their work with us.
Wynne Health will support the Intern with mentoring and substantial resources to foster your success with us and in your longer-term career. You will receive exposure to a wide array of health policy issues and training on how to deliver client-facing work products, often under limited timelines. We take pride in balancing our commitment to delivering superior client service with a socially responsible and collegial atmosphere that treats our employees as whole people, not just workers.
Importantly, the internship will provide an opportunity for the Intern to hone their expertise on a core federal health policy issue by researching and preparing a capstone-like project, culminating in an issue brief or other deliverable. As part of this work, the Intern may have an opportunity to convert their research into a blog post or other product to share their findings and recommendations with key stakeholder groups leading health equity-focused work. Potential topics for this health equity research focus may include (but are not limited to):
• Women’s health, including reproductive rights and maternal health care;
• Mental and behavioral health;
• Federal nutrition policy (e.g., Child Nutrition Reauthorization);
• Prescription drug pricing reforms; and
• Health information technology.
• Capstone project, culminating in an issue brief or other deliverable, focused on a key issue in federal health policy. The topic will be selected based on the Intern’s interest and client priorities or needs (see above for examples);
• Research and written analyses of federal health policy developments, including bills and regulations related to Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance markets;
• Select coverage and brief summarization of congressional hearings, administration meetings, etc.;
• Preparation of advocacy materials for clients; and
• Some administrative tasks, including preparation of contact files for product distribution and advocacy campaigns (no coding or other technical experience necessary).
To be considered, please send a cover email with your resume and a 2-3 page writing sample attached to Billy Wynne, Chairman, at email@example.com with “Fall Intern” in the subject line. Please note any prior, related experience you have in the health care, government affairs, or politics fields in your cover email, especially as it may pertain to health equity and the potential research topics stipulated above (e.g., women’s health, including reproductive rights and maternal health care; mental and behavioral health; telehealth; etc.). Applications should be submitted no later than Friday, July 15. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Highly motivated, ambitious, graduate student able to work independently;
• Ability to maintain collegiality and positivity in a high-performing environment;
• Long-term career focus in health policy or related field;
• Commitment to developing in-depth expertise in health policy issues, including the implications for groups that have been economically and socially marginalized;
• Strong organizational skills, including tracking and adherence to deadlines; and
• Superior research and writing skills.
|Contact Name:||Billy Wynne|
Wynne Health Group|
Founded by Billy Wynne, J.D., former Health Policy Counsel to the Senate Finance Committee, the Wynne Health Group is a mission-driven, public interest government relations firm focused on health and well-being. We provide congressional and regulatory lobbying, in-depth policy analysis, strategic consulting, public relations, and federal grant-related services. Our clients include several members of the Fortune 500, marquee health systems and providers, life science companies, health plans, foundations, state governments, and investment firms. More about the Wynne Health Group is available here, including our commitment to social responsibility.
The Wynne Health Group is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, persons with disabilities, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and other potentially underrepresented populations to apply.