Client Relations Manager - REMOTE|
Aldevron is an industry pioneer with a core competency in manufacturing for gene and cell therapy.We supply high-quality plasmid DNA, mRNA and proteins to our clients, who are breaking new ground on the worlds most important and challenging solutions to benefit us all.We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking individuals who share our goals of advancing science and making an impact on the world.
Aldevron is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we are pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
About the role
The Client Relations Manager has a strong command of protein expression and purification and a passion for working with clients to provide scientific and logistical solutions to bring their products to clinical or commercial production. As a Client Relations manager, you will build strategic and long-term relationship with clients, particularly those working in the therapeutic and diagnostic space by understanding their technical requirements, program goals and offering appropriate custom manufacturing or product solutions. The leader in this role will focus on protein services.
Client Relations Managers are the primary liaison between customers and internal stakeholders prior to project initiation and continue to advocate for clients throughout the duration of a project. This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the diverse bioscience industry, develop or sharpen your business acumen, and exercise your knowledge of protein expression and purification. The person in the position will gain a thorough understanding of Aldevrons Protein Business Unit, setting yearly goals to achieve business and career milestones.
- Client Relationship Management
- Establish new client relationships in partnership with the Field Sales and Commercial teams via phone, email, tradeshows and in-person visits.
- Develop, manage, and close business to meet annual revenue targets and pipeline goals with a focus on the delivery of the technical solution for ISO13285 and GMP projects.
- Co-lead the client interface with Field Sales to review and understand technical requirements and obtain required information for proposal development.
- Interface with Quality and Regulatory as required to support ISO13485 and GMP client requirements
- Write or review detailed quotations, statements of work and RFI/P/Q responses for distribution to the client with the support of technical SME (subject matter experts) and proposal manager. This includes both pricing, as well as accurately describing the scientific milestones. May work with Field Sales for delivery.
- Secure purchase order to initiate business in partnership with Field Sales or independently per business needs.
- As assigned, position will manage existing and key accounts with responsibility for maintaining or increasing sales. Duties may include client visits, periodic quality & business reviews.
- Work closely with technical SME and Scheduling to represent capabilities and timelines with accuracy to the client.
- Work with operations team to ensure high level of client satisfaction with timelines and projects deliverables.
- Maintain knowledge of project progress and manage any change orders or project scope modifications.
- Corporate Representation and Duties
- As requested, attend tradeshows and scientific conferences representing all Aldevron platforms interacting with scientific, procurement and executive client representatives. Duties include booth coverage, securing client appointments, attending talks, and fully participating in networking options.
- Provide training and feedback to commercial, marketing and sales on current and new products and services.
- Deliver technical, cross-platform presentations at client meetings and conferences
- Identify and share opportunities for other Aldevron platforms with appropriate colleagues.
- Work with technical SMEs, Project Management, and Scheduling for continuous improvement of systems.
- Sales Operations
- Follow all standard Aldevron practices for recording client interactions and deals in corporate CRM system.
- Follow all standard Aldevron practices for processing client purchase orders in coordination with Client Relations Coordinator(s).
- Upon receipt of purchase order, role will execute all required system transactions to on-board project to operations.
- 1 3 years experience and training in a client facing role with preference for biotechnology industry.
- Strong business acumen, analytical, decision making, communication, and influencing skills.
- Hands-on experience in recombinant protein production required, preferably from a manufacturing environment. Academic experience is also acceptable but must not be limited to the classroom.
- Experience or knowledge of GMP, ISO 13485, and/or other regulated environment.
- Bachelors degree in scientific field required (e.g. molecular biology, biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry etc). Advanced degree preferred.
- Clear understanding of recombinant protein production.
- Broad understanding of gene editing, cell and gene therapy fields, or demonstrated ability to learn.
- Excellent written and oral skills with ability to present technical information to senior personnel on client visits.
- Ability to understand basic accounting principles including cost, gross margin, and profit.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.