Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity
||Dallas, TX United States
|| Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
AmeriCorp-Volunteer Services Coordinator|
The volunteer services coordinator helps recruit, train, schedule and recognize local volunteers. They build relationships in the community to grow the overall volunteer base and advance individual and group partnerships. This position will market within the community to help develop new events and opportunities for volunteers to engage with the mission of Habitat for Humanity. This position will also assist with all aspects of volunteer management, including initial orientation, database maintenance and tracking, and promoting volunteer opportunities.
• Typically serve Tuesday through Saturday to support work on the build site.
• Provide excellent customer service and program communications through responding to emails and phone calls from prospective and current volunteers
• Update and maintain accurate contact records in Salesforce
• Support staff with revising existing volunteer recognition materials and resources
• Work with staff to fulfill daily tasks needed to ensure successful volunteer build day: signing volunteers in, providing orientation and safety briefings.
• Assist with planning, coordination and execution of special events
• Devise and implement a volunteer experience survey, analyzing results and learnings.
• Assist with creating communications specific to prospective and current volunteers
• Provide support to Volunteer Services staff to carry out cross-departmental projects and outreach initiatives
• Participate in and support special projects as needed
• Assist with all aspects of volunteer management including orientations, maintenance of database, volunteer tracking and follow-up.
Qualifications & Requirements
• AmeriCorps members must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
• AmeriCorps members must be at least 18 or older.
• AmeriCorps members must have a high school diploma or GED.
• AmeriCorps members may have recurring access to vulnerable populations and must satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check eligibility criteria.
Knowledge and willingness to promote the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
Ability to work with a diverse group of people
Ability to work independently and be resourceful to problem-solve unique situations
Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Ability to multi-task and adjust to meet deadlines
Be detailed oriented and organized
Strong proficiency in using technology, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workplace. Experience with Salesforce is a plus
Ability and willingness to serve as part of a team, being available as needed
|Contact Name:||Tiffany Leon|
Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity|
Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity transforms neighborhoods by engaging families and community partners in creating affordable housing.
Since incorporation in 1986, Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity and its contributors have served over 1,600 families and served as a catalyst for the revitalization of more than 25 communities. Our dream is not to simply build one home at a time, but to transform and nurture communities where our success is only limited by our ability to dream and imagine.
Each year we partner with hardworking families and the community to build 70+ homes, making Dallas Habitat the largest nonprofit homebuilder and the largest single family residential homebuilder overall in the City of Dallas for 3 years running.
Dallas Habitat has adopted a strategic vision of transforming neighborhoods throughout the most impoverished communities in Dallas County. This vision, which we call, “Dream Dallas” is one of holistic revitalization in partnership with the Federal government, Dallas County, the City of Dallas, faith-based organizations, other non-profits, and private investors.
Please visit our employer showcase!