Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Dallas, TX United States
|| Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
AmeriCorps-Community Outreach Coordinator|
The Community Outreach Coordinator position will focus on serving our Habitat homeowners and surrounding community members through relationship-building and neighborhood revitalization programming. The Community Outreach Coordinator will build strategic relationships with residents, local community leaders, faith-based institutions, and various other stakeholders and organizations. They will create and participate in effective and impactful coalition, partnership, and relationship-building efforts. The Community Outreach Coordinator will identify relationship opportunities, community improvement and neighborhood revitalization projects. They will create, lead, and support communication efforts including in-person and virtual community engagement projects.
• Strengthen relationships through planning, coordination, and implementation of projects in partnership with the community.
• Build relationships and partnerships with Habitat families, community stakeholders, and local organizations.
• Identify neighborhood revitalization projects and implement them from planning through completion.
• Build neighborhood plans for Dallas Area Habitat outreach and engagement efforts.
Qualifications & Requirements
• AmeriCorps members must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
• AmeriCorps members must be at least 18 or older.
• AmeriCorps members must have a high school diploma or GED.
• AmeriCorps members may have recurring access to vulnerable populations and must satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check eligibility criteria.
• Knowledge of and willingness to promote the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong research skills.
• Detail oriented and highly organized.
• Experience working with volunteers, instructing individuals, or facilitating groups.
• Experience working as a member of a team.
• Knowledge of community development practices.
• Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
|Contact Name:||Tiffany Leon|
Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity transforms neighborhoods by engaging families and community partners in creating affordable housing.
Since incorporation in 1986, Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity and its contributors have served over 1,600 families and served as a catalyst for the revitalization of more than 25 communities. Our dream is not to simply build one home at a time, but to transform and nurture communities where our success is only limited by our ability to dream and imagine.
Each year we partner with hardworking families and the community to build 70+ homes, making Dallas Habitat the largest nonprofit homebuilder and the largest single family residential homebuilder overall in the City of Dallas for 3 years running.
Dallas Habitat has adopted a strategic vision of transforming neighborhoods throughout the most impoverished communities in Dallas County. This vision, which we call, “Dream Dallas” is one of holistic revitalization in partnership with the Federal government, Dallas County, the City of Dallas, faith-based organizations, other non-profits, and private investors.
Please visit our employer showcase!