Senior Commercial Real Estate Loan Closing Specialist (Real Estate Banking)|
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Commercial Loan Closing Specialist in Commercial Real Estate as part of Corporate & Investment Banking.Â Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
The Senior Commercial Loan Closing Specialist will be assisting in the closing, funding, and delivery processes within the Real Estate Banking (REB) Finance group. The Senior Commercial Loan Closing Specialist will collaborate with all involved parties to ensure loans are closed accurately and in accordance with Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate closing requirements.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the closing, and funding of commercial real estate loans from receipt of application to final delivery and purchase, proactively, being especially conscious of timeframes
- Assist in arranging for funding of the loans and ensuring that loans are delivered within required timelines
- Conduct follow up to resolve any post funding issues
- Interact with all departments involved in the closing process
- Engage outside counsel to begin working on a transaction
- Provide due diligence and other information to closing counsel following review and satisfaction of the condition of such due diligence
- Review draft loan documents for accuracy and revise as necessary
- Ensure all approved waivers are delivered to closing counsel, so all necessary and applicable conditions can be drafted into final loan documents
- Oversee the funding process to ensure timely funding of each loan and ensure loans are delivered in a timely manner to meet their timing requirements
- Conduct Compliance Due Diligence (CDD) for all loans
- Maintain familiarity with the Flood Disaster Protection act (FDPA) and conduct reviews of flood insurance documents
- Generate closing transmittals and prepare closing package
- Work on projects and team initiatives as requested
- 4+ years of Commercial Loan Closing experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of commercial real estate loan closing experience
- Familiarity with Commercial Real Estate lending/closing processes
- Experience in documenting and closing secured and unsecured commercial real estate loans (including syndicated credit facilities)
- Experience reviewing and analyzing title and survey, lease review, and familiarity with real estate documentation and closing coordination
- Strong computer skills including navigating multiple systems at one time
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance policies related to commercial real estate loan closings, including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Strong analytical skills, including high attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to independently handle conflicting priorities
- Excellent organization skills
- Legal background including paralegal experience
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- 333 S. Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA
- 550 S. Tryon St, Charlotte, NC
- 5 Park Plaza, Irvine, CA
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:Â All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.