Summer 2023 Intern - Semiconductor Application Engineering (MS/PhD)|
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world’s most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
Summary / Role Purpose
Join the Ansys Student Internship Program to apply your education to solve real world engineering problems, advance career skills and experience work at Ansys. The student intern will be part of the Application Engineering Team (Ansys Customer Excellence team) focused on Semiconductor. The intern will use the Ansys Semiconductor simulation platform and products to collaborate with a team of expert professionals to accomplish customer support objective. The intern will get an opportunity to interact with Ansys global leaders.
This is a full-time internship that will begin in January and conclude in April 2023. It is required that the candidate is ready to work at the advertised location, San Jose, CA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Create new simulation methodologies, troubleshoot problem set-ups, run simulation benchmarks, and update industry best practices pertaining to modeling and simulation of engineered products & processes
- Develop competence in one or more products working under mentor.
- Update Ansys training course material
- Create technical marketing content
- Perform literature search to locate relevant publications using Ansys or competitive products, as well as experimental data
- Triage workflow issues, identify root cause and file product defect for RD.
- Write detailed technical reports and present results to Ansys teams
- Network within the Ansys Customer Excellence team to learn various job functions such as presales support, post sales technical support, consulting services, etc.
- Support testing efforts to determine new feature readiness for commercial release
- Participate in various customer interactions such as web meetings and customer visits
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Pursing a MS or PhD degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Physics
- Currently enrolled as an engineering graduate student (M.S. or Ph.D.) Ph.D. students should be entering third year or beyond of their program with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Motivated to learn. Strong problem solving, communication and time management skills
- Demonstrated skills in writing, understanding, and presenting in fluent English
- Knowledge of CMOS fundamentals, VLSI, RTL Design
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Basic experience with Power Analysis, physical design, Custom layout, spice simulations, Electromigration, FinFet technology challenges, RTL design.
- Basic experience with Python or other object-oriented programming/scripting languages
- Knowledge of design optimization methods for engineering
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world’s most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high – met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished.” And it’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 – finalist, and America’s Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.