Staff Backend SW Test Engineer - Java and Rest API automation|
In this position, you will be part of the Mobile Enablement Platform organization leading the test activities of the backend development of Visa Digital Commerce App (VDCA) to enable digital payment through mobile applications, while working with a highly diverse and collaborative team to drive the success of our business and clients.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Engineer that is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users. The successful candidate will lead Test Engineering efforts and work with other stake holders to ensure seamless code releases.
- Design and develop test plans and functional test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents
- Lead Test design/plan review sessions with peers and other stakeholders
- Provide estimates on scope and scale of effort required to test changes
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Execute test cases, analyze and report test results to project team
- Contribute to test automation initiatives including building test tools to improve code quality and application performance
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Ensure on-time delivery of high quality product
- Be flexible to accommodate cross-region team development/collaboration and address urgent production issues.
The staff software test engineer position is based in Austin, Texas.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.