ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB is seeking a Electronics Technician to support the National Parks Service, embedded in a client’s office in Denver, Colorado. The NPS Traffic Program operates and maintains ~150 continuous traffic count stations located in ~50 parks in 27 states.
- Work with parks to troubleshoot and replace malfunctioning traffic count station components, either over the phone, at the park or in the NPS workshop
- Test, update firmware and program traffic counters and modems
- Work with parks to conduct their annual inspections and review results
- Work with NPS engineers to create new count stations in traffic database
- Create count station sketches based on field reviews
- Conduct field work, scoping new count stations and/or inspecting/repairing existing count stations based on NPS specifications and creating inspection reports
- Identify potential new traffic counting technologies for the NPS
- Work with parks during deployment of portable traffic counters
- Assist the NPS Traffic Program Manager in the creation of the NPS Traffic Data Annual Report
- Manage the processing of traffic data from on-site traffic counters to the NPS traffic database and maintain daily log of equipment communication
- Drive Federal government vehicles
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of data collection experience
- Driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable transportation and cell phone
- Experience in trouble-shooting malfunctioning electronic equipment remotely or in a workshop
- Ability to proficiently troubleshoot electronics through application of electronic principals
- Experience with a multimeter, and other electronics test equipment
- Proficiency with Windows operating system and software
- Experience with communication systems including analog telephone and cellular communication technology is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Field work in parks may require hiking up to 0.5 miles in rugged terrain
- Office work will require lifting boxes that weigh up to 30 lbs
- The selected candidate is anticipated to travel approximately six times per year
Hiring Salary Range - $47,632 - $71,448. However, the final agreed-upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits Clause - Medical, dental & Vision plans, wellness program, health saving account, flexible spending account, 401(k) plans, life & AD&D insurance, short/long term disability plans & PTO (vacation, sick & holidays).
This position requires COVID-19 vaccination per client requirements.
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.