Senior Project Engineer, Sourcing|
The Senior Project Engineer, Sourcing Engineering is responsible for reducing direct material cost, improving instrument functionality and quality through part optimizations, design changes, and supplier change projects. They will lead projects by acting as the main point of contact for project status and execution; through pulling together drawing, specification packages and managing test/validation plans. Moreover, they will analyze and recommend future projects that will result in improved instrument cost, performance and quality. Additionally, they will be responsible for attaining resources and alignment amongst a cross-functional team. The candidate will work effectively with a cross-functional/global staff and supply base. This position provides an opportunity to develop new processes across a highly technical organization.
- Drive projects to reduce direct material spend through project inception and execution to meet the departmental saving goals
- Enlist cross-functional resources to drive projects that require varying skills (e.g. Electrical/Optical/Software, etc.).
- Generate and update test plans to prove out production changes before cut in.
- Update designs, drawings, engineering data and engineering releases as needed.
- Build straightforward cost summaries and cost-benefit analyses workbooks to justify engineering efforts.
- Drive process changes to improve effectiveness of future VAVE projects and supplier changes,
- Update designs in engineering database e.g. CAD, ECAD, Firmware etc.
- Ensure year-over-year improvement in instrument quality for assemblies affected by VAVE projects.
- Work directly and communicate regularly with domestic and international suppliers in a global setting.
- Continuously improve both for effectiveness and efficiency
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or similar).
- 5-7 years of engineering, systems or VAVE design experience.
- Experience in lean manufacturing/continuous improvement methods is highly desirable.
- Experience in project management is desired.
- Awareness of optics, electrical circuit boards, plastics, sheet metal and complex mechanical assemblies
Skills and Attributes
- Results oriented has track record for delivering results, takes ownership and is accountable
- Stretch oriented embraces and thrives on challenge. Sets high expectations for self and the organization.
- Continuous improvement oriented has familiarity with lean principles and how to apply them for sustainable results in a product development and manufacturing setting.
- Possesses a high sense-of-urgency, traction counts and has a strong attention to detail.
- Problem-Solving able to perform complex problem-solving using a structured approach.
- Business/Technical Acumen ability to quickly learn a wide portfolio of product, technical complexities and suppliers. Both technically-minded and business-minded.
- Leadership creates followership with cross-functional peers, while setting a high expectation.
- Able to balance and execute a VAVE strategy, while at the same time making an immediate impact.
- Effectively deploys resources to focus on the critical few.
- Excellent communication skills internally and with suppliers.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.